Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fedoro (the manly version of a fedora)

So Momo wanted some help moving stuff from the garage to the basement so that it would be cleared out before the contractors come to redo the driveway/garage/patio and everything. So I picked up Sam (who is finally home from madrid, strange week not seeing him at all) and we headed over there. It didn't take horribly long, just moving crap down to the basement, then helping move some stuff to one of Momo's friend's places which was like 7 blocks away. Got everything done, ate some food and relaxed for a few minutes.

Momo told me about how she has 30% off of everything at Kohl's. I've been needing to get some new jeans so i jumped all over that. We went to Kohl's and shopped for nearly 2 and a half hours. The super-de-duper clearance racks, 80+% off plus the 30% off after that is amazing deals. I found a sweater vest and nearly exploded with excitement and joy all at once. Pulled it off the rack showed Sam and he just shook his head yes, because he couldn't even say anything it was too amazing. We found 3 vests, and then on the other side of the rack... two pink dress shirts! So amazing, so now we're planning on wearing some pretty freaking sweet things out to the bar for the night, and we're getting Dave involved, hence the 3rd vest. Spent a long time trying to find a 3rd pink shirt, which wasn't working out so we went to the clearance room in the back of the store. We found fedoras! Well for the day we decided it was so manly that we were going to call them fedoros. Got set with that, and looked at all the other crap that was damn near free after all the clearance and discounts. Over the course of our Kohl's journey Sam managed to get Beth some wedding present things, as well as picked up a gift for Shannon. While looking again for another pink shirt, one of the people working there informed us of the clearance racks on the other side of the Men's section. SCORE!! More crap to sift through and find amazing deals on. We found Dave's shirt too!! I ended up getting a fedora, a guinness baseball cap type thing, a pink dress shirt, a sweater vest, a sweater, two pairs of jeans, and a pair of corduroy pants. Subtracting the $20 that Momo was going to pay me, well I'm not quite sure how much I spent, because Momo told me that she was going to open a tab for me and I would just be working it off. Which works great for me.

Got back to Momo's after Kohls, where we got over $1000 worth of merchandise for less than $150, yeah we paid approximately 15% of what everything was overall. We've got skills. I took a shower at Momo's and me and Sam 'suited up' it wasn't really suiting up because it wasn't suits but it was still pretty damn good. Dave was coming in on the train and we needed to pick him up so we left Momo's in a little bit of a hurry to go get Sam. Sam realized he didn't have his phone about halfway to get Dave, but we just kind of ignored it. Until Momo called me and informed me that she had Sam's keys as well. Damnit Sam!! Oh well, we picked up Dave, dropped him at his place, and went back to Momo's so Sam could pick up his crap. Stopped there for a few seconds, Sam ran in, grabbed a bag with all his stuff in it and we left.

Back at Sam's apartment, I think I missed it a little bit. I started making some pizza rolls, Sam went to get a razor from OP and get Dave. I had food waiting for the boys when they got back, and Dave was all decked out himself, and he even had his own fedora so there's an extra one at Sam's that I'm probably going to have to take and call my own. I start getting calls from Gopher and Heather to go out to tosa to drink for Gopher's birthday. I had already celebrated G's bday the night previous when he turned 21 at the bar, and I wanted to go party with him some more, but I didn't really want to drive to go out, especially when I looked so amazing and wanted to get myself a good few beers. So I had to tell Gopher sorry I wouldn't be making it out to tosa, because I'm not trying to get a DUI, and he understood.

We started the night at Caffrey's for $2 leini's taps, and $3 bombs. I had a beer and a few bombs, while we sat around at the bar just chillin, talking amongst ourselves, and a few other people we knew at the bar. Shortly after midnight when the deals ended we headed over to Murphy's and drank 3 pitchers of Miller Light. We played a couple games of cricket (darts) in which I dominated the poor fools who were trying to compete with me. We didn't really do a whole lot, except be amazing with our shirts/vests/fedoras (which I'm wearing at work right now, and I look damn good). After Murphy's closed at 2 (grumble damn early bar time) Dave went home, and Sam and I went back to his apartment.

The plan was to watch an episode or two of How I Met Your Mother, but after I ate a few pieces of pizza and got settled I ended up falling asleep pretty quickly. I don't know if Sam did or not, but I was asleep.

1 comment: