Monday, March 15, 2010

Lots of work and play

So a lot of crap going on lately, I've been pretty busy and it's nice and overwhelming a little as well. For starters I got another job last week Tuesday, which is kinda cool. I'm cooking at Slim McGinn's West in Menominee Falls, with my friend Dan. So last week...

Monday: Work, go home, chill out and relax. Sam had crap to do for his Midterms and whatnot, so I just caught up on some sleep.

Tuesday: Work, go to Dad's to shower before work, work at new job (make about a million tacos), grab a drink, head down to Sam's, have another drink, pass out of exhaustion. (worked from 8:05AM to 3:10PM then worked from 4:45PM to 10:45PM, was a good day....

Wednesday: Work, go to Dad's house before Admirals game, pass out for an hour on the recliner. Meet up with Dan Wesley, and Danny C. (new guy I'm also working with now) at Slim's downtown to pickup tickets for the game and have a beer on slim. We got tickets from Slim which is pretty cool. Head on over to Center Court and meet Anselm (pronounced handsome, without the H). Have a few drinks (2 whiskey sours) and get some food. We realized that the drinks were a bit pricey considering there weren't any deals going on at that time, so we headed down the road to Molly Cool's where DW had some free drink tickets. Find out it's happy hour and 2-for-1 rails and taps. Dan's drink tickets weren't valid with 2-for-1 so we each got 2 drinks, well i got a double tall rum and coke which was a bad idea because it tasted like shit with the super crappy rail rum they had. We all did gummy worm shots, which are pretty good tasting and pretty damn strong since they're a bunch of higher end liquors. Decide it's about time to go to the game, so we use Dan's 4 drink tickets each get 1 more drink and slam those then head to the bradly center. But first we must stop at my car. A little bit of shenanigans at the car, and some bottle changing wonders. Somehow a bottle of Powers whiskey managed to get itself into a water bottle that was stashed in my inside coat pocket, and into a powerade bottle that was stashed inside Dan's coat. We go into the game and Danny buys everyone a nice large coke. I get myself a pretzel and we head to our seats. We hardly watched much of the game at all. Danny and I rolled around pretending like we were going to pick up chicks or something, but there kinda weren't any. During the course of the game I had 3-4 shots of Powers (not really sure, because at this point I'm taking pulls out of a water bottle, and out of my mixed drink inside my coke cup... From the game myself and Danny headed over to bootleggers, Dan and Anselm were split up from us, and heading to Molly Cool's which was our destination, but hey we got sidetracked by a pretty bartender. Don't ask me how because I don't know but Dan and Anselm found us in Bootleggers, we all did a jager bomb and then headed to Molly Cool's to meet up with Dan's girlfriend Heather. Heather was chillin' at Molly's with Kacie, and we sat down and discussed on what the plan for the night was. It was still pretty early, like 11ish. Discussion over a beer and we decided to head over to McGillycuddy's for a little while. Danny disappeared to be picked up by his girlfriend, and Anselm had to go somewhere, I'm not quite sure where. So Dan, Heather, Kacie, and I headed onward. Dan and I sang karaoke...some Tenacious D and it was LEGENDARY! uhh well not quite, but I apparently want to be Barny so there you go King. After the bar we all headed to Kacie's since she was the only one capable of operating a motor vehicle, where we pretty much just went right to sleep.

Thursday: I worked, same as any other day, then after work I went to my Nana's to pick up some food she got for me which was pretty awesome, and also had dinner over there with my Nana, grandpa, and uncle. I went home, unloaded all my food and headed out to Elm Grove to do some marketing research. I was going to be doing a 2 hour radio marketing research thing, not sure what that is? I wasn't either and let me tell you I sure did find out. So I had to go and rate songs, from 1-5 and weather or not I'm tired or hearing it on the radio. Well in 2 hours you can't really do many songs right? Wrong. In 2 hours I rated 600 songs. How is that possible? They played 10 second clips of the most popular part, it was music ADD on crack. Some people can't listen to an entire song, and I can kinda deal with that, but this was horrible. Everytime I started to get into one of the songs because I liked it, bam it changed and some crap like Dave Matthews would come on or something. From there I was planning on going over to Sam's, but he was tired from studying so that didn't happen. I did have one stop to make though. I stopped over at Robert Carey Peterson's place or as I call him Satchmo/Mr. Mo his band rocks my socks, and they just got t-shirts, and I wanted one. So I stopped over there and got myself a shirt for ten bucks. I then drove home. Pretty exciting day.

Friday: Oh baby friday TGIF right? Wrong. Friday was one of my other long days where I got to work at 2 jobs, but wait there's more. So I get off of work at Sharp and head home for a little bit, but Brad was out at Sky Knights cleaning up for safety day, so I went out there and helped him out instead of heading home. I was there for a little more than an hour to help him out, then I had to go to work at Slim's. I forgot my hat at my Nana's on Thursday, so I stopped over there for 5 minutes, got my hat and went to work. Ugh Fish Fry... well it wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but it sure wasn't great. Worked with DW for the night, then the plan was to head to Aura, a bar downtown where Anselm was bartending. I was told it was on 8th and Michigan, which sounded perfect since I was staying at Sam's for the night, and that's not far at all. I go to Sam's after work, say whatup to Laurel, take a shower, and take a shot. Then start figuring out where this place is. Oh, it's on State and Aber or some crap, well that plan's out. Sorry guys, not driving 3-4 miles so I can get hammered and try and find my way back home, and I was getting hammered. It was a long day, 8AM-10:45PM more or less. I decided I wasn't going to be driving anywhere for the night at all, so I had myself another shot, ran over to OP to get some coke, returned and Laurel needed to get home. So I mixed myself a good 'n' big one in a powerade bottle, which made Sam a little nervous about me walking around Milwaukee with a mixed drink in my pocket, and I didn't really care. We walked Laurel home, and on the way back Erica Hermann spotted us from her car and yelled somethin at us. She was stopped at a red light, so we went over to her car and got in. She was going to drive us wherever we were headed which was back to Sam's, but we just pulled over to the side of the road at caught up on things. As I steadily got more and more drunk off of my wonderous powerade. Then we went back to Sam's and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep without a problem. After a long day and a fair amount of booze I was in a happy place laying down on the futon for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment