Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hooky? I think not.

So it was Sam's birthday. The current count on how many drinks he had when we celebrated the first time was 23-1/2 drinks over a 7 hour period, the first 4 hours were 4 drinks and before he actually turned 21. So I think we did a good job on that. The problem was I had to convince him to come out again on the actual day of his birthday and we didn't get out until nearly 11PM. I changed my work schedule so I wouldn't have to work until 11AM instead of 8 so I could get plenty of sleep and everything. We didn't really get drunk, which is fine. Sam had 21+ drinks during the 24 hour period that was his birthday so we're all set there.

A pretty relaxed day. Went over to Sam's after work all set to get good and drunk again, had work for the next day set and it was time to rock and roll. I was feeling great and wanted to party it up. Get to Sam's he's doing some much needed laundry, including the futon cover. He's being a big bum and still drunk when I showed up. Then he started getting hungover and wouldn't stop complaining about feeling like crap, and how he didn't want to drink. We grabbed some qdoba, and then watched a movie, and relaxed for a while. Sam said he was still feeling shitty after a few hours, and wanted to eat again. We got some jimmy johns and then back to the apartment to await Dave getting off work. Went out to Murphy's for some drinks. Sam and I got some beers, since it was 2 dollar beer night. We then played a game of pool while waiting for Dave. I'm not very good at pool, and Sam has had a table in his house for nearly his entire life so he's halfway decent. I got destroyed. Dave showed up and then we waited for Bridget. It was a bit suspect as to weather or not she would even show up. Apparently Sam and Dave were considering betting on it, but neither of them really thought she would show up. Well she did, and she bought everyone a shot before we left so huzzah! We hung out and played a few games of pool, then decided to leave not too long after midnight when 2 dollar beers ended. Did our shot and went back to Sam's apartment to watch Zombieland, which Bridget hadn't seen yet. Sometimes you just have to introduce people to new good movies. Bridget despite being friends with Sam, Dave, and myself since freshman year had yet to see Sam's new apartment. I blame Kayla....

Watched Zombieland which was hilarious. I had another beer but everyone else apparently was pooped out or something. Dave fell asleep not very long into the movie and there was a debate as to weather or not we should color/put peanut butter on him for passing out with his shoes on. We ended up just leaving him be, but I wont fret. I know there will be plenty more opportunities for that sort of thing. Sam and I decided it was time for sleep after Bridget and Dave left, which was about 5 minutes after the movie ended. It was around 2:30AM so I suppose that makes sense.

I woke up this morning a bit later than intended and rushed out of Sam's place. Went to my car to find out that a winter emergency was declared last night at 8PM and found a parking ticket for $50!? I guess when they declare a winter emergency they don't really fuck around. Cleaned off my car from the snow, threw my crap inside and got in. Turn my key and the engine tried, but didn't quite make it. Gave it another couple goes. It kept getting close but wouldn't quite start. Then my battery decided it couldn't try anymore after a few minutes. Hurray, my car wont start, I'm downtown at MU and don't know anyone else who has a car on campus. Go back to Sam's door, use the intercom to call him, have him come let me in and call work. Explain the situation, which doesn't look good since I'm already running late and I feel like Stacy/Greg are going to think I was playing hooky or something for being hungover, since I requested to change hours today because of Sam's birthday. Hopefully I can work something out and get my car going. I need to go home tonight... it's been since Sunday before the superbowl since I've been home which is no good, and I need some more clothes. The few extra pieces are all a bit dirty at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment