Friday, February 12, 2010

A pitcher of beer for $4? OK!

Wednesday was pretty calm. I guess Dave hosts 'Microbrew Wednesdays' which is a pretty cool concept. Every Wed he goes out and buys two different microbrews. I was heading home afterwords so I only had one, which wasn't all that good and the general concensus was that the kind I didn't try was better. Bummer I guess. We also watched 'I hope they serve beer in hell' which was the second time I saw it, and still hilarious. Went home after the movie, and went to sleep.

I woke up Thursday morning to a super excited Amanda that I was home. Not quite sure why she was so excited but apparently I'm a sight for sore eyes. I showed up to work to find out a few things. First, it was cold. I guess both of our furnaces went out the day before, when I wasn't in. Second, half of the crap in the office didn't work. The printer, the copier, the fax machine, Stacy's computer, all kinds of stuff wasn't working. We blew a fuse from the space heaters that were littered all over the floor trying to keep some stability and a livable environment in our place of work. Go flip the switch in the fuse box to get the power back, turn on one of those lil space heaters and point it right at me. It was 52 degrees in the office according to that little heating wonder. Now sure 52 sounds great when it's the middle of summer and it's 90 outside and dripping humidity out of everywhere, but when it's 30 outside and 52 inside it's cold. Luckily it wasn't long before the furnace repair man showed up and took care of business.

Rolled on home after work and worked on Dragonheart or DH for short. DH is a MUD I started playing way back in middle school that I heavily developed for the past few years. Recently however I haven't really done anything with it, but yesterday I started really getting back into the swing of things and figured out how to compile the code so yay! OK nerdieness over, for now... But seriously I got to catch up on House MD, and The Big Bang Theory which was good because they were both pretty good episodes. Sam gave me a call and we decided we would go to the bars that night.

Let me just say I spent entirely way too much money last night. I owed Sam from going out on his birthday he loaned me some money since it was the day before I got paid. I stopped at pick'n'save on the way to Sam's and got a bottle of whiskey, a bottle of rum, some sour mix and some squirt. A $55 endeavor before I even got to MU and before even considering going to the bar. Those bottles were not even touched though because there was still a little bit of booze left over from the last time I bought a couple of bottles so that's alright. Had a good strong whiskey sour and a beer at Sam's while fucking around on chat roulette with Joe. Chat roulette is hilarious. You video chat with random people who are also video chatting it's mostly people trying to see boobs, but we find good ways to entertain ourselves. Spent probably 30 minutes asking people if I should grow a mustash purely on the basis of weather or not mustash rides are enjoyable. The general consensus was that I shouldn't though because it wouldn't be worth it. Sam finally got to talk to Shannon, apparently she had gone out and done some work herself on getting good and drunk, so it was something like 5AM her time when they finally got to talk. Once Sam was finished talking to his drunk girlfriend we were ready to rock'n'roll.

We started the night by hitting up Hagardy's, which was kind of lame because it was pretty much dead, and after chat roulette I was in the mood to talk to random people. Got a bucket of 4 domestic beers for $10 (8+2tip) I won rock paper scissors against sam for the 4th beer, since there was three of us and Joe was only 1/2 done with his when me and Sam finished ours. Once we finished our beers we decided to go to Murphy's to see what we could see. At this point I was already fairly buzzed. I didn't really eat much and had 3 beers and a 2 shot drink in a period of an hour and a half or so.

Murphy's had $4 pitchers until midnight, so we got a pitcher and decided to play some pool. I have no idea how much I drank at Murphy's because of a combination of things. Firstly I was just randomly refilling our glasses whenever they started to get a little bit low, so my glass was never below 1/2 which doesn't help for counting how much I drank, also I was starting to get a wee bit drunk. We got three pitchers, the third I managed to get at exactly midnight before they stopped offering, we still had probably 1/2 a pitcher left but hey you can't pass up a deal like that. One of Sam's engineering friends showed up because it was his birthday so once midnight hit they showed up. Sam informed me that he hadn't drank anything before comming to the bar which is no way to spend your 21st birthday, so I decided to buy him a shot. A shot of The Knot for myself and him (another $10), which took entirely way too long to get. Bartenders need to pay more attention to the guys standing at the bar trying to get drinks than the girls who are trying to get guys to buy them drinks damnit. Anywhoo got our shots, did em and I went back to the pool game. Low'n behold Bridget showed up, which is always nice and I did something that I very rarely do. I bought her a drink, well a shot, and I kinda owed her since she's bought me 4 now from the last few times I've seen her at the bar. Normally with BZ it would be a jameson shot, but she had never had The Knot, so went with one of those for each of us (count the $10). Some more pool (5 games I paid for, count $5). At some point after this I lost my ecig. I have no clue where, if I put it down and someone grabbed it or what happened, but before we left the bar I realized I didn't have it, and we all looked and couldn't find it. Hopefully someone picked it up and turned it into the bar, and I'll be able to get it back. If not I'm going to be very sad. I closed out my tab, although this morning I couldn't remember if I did or not, but figured I must have because I have my credit card. $32 for the pitchers and shots, plus whatever I tipped, I have no recolection of this, so I probably tipped 8 bucks to make it an even $40, sounds about right but who knows. I suppose I'll find out soon when it shows up on my online bank statement as "Campus Recreation". We walked Laurel home from the bar, which is like 2 blocks but as I've said before girls shouldn't really walk around town alone at 2AM.

Myself, Sam, and Joe headed back to Sam's to crash. Joe decided to turn on chat roulette once we got into the appartment. I can't say that I'm upset that he did either. The first chat was some cute chika to whom Joe yelled, "Show us your boobs!!" and she complied. She pulled 'em out, rubbed em down, then grabbed her friend who did the same, before the two of em started making out. All the while the three of us were cheering and clapping. A pretty good way to finish off the night I must say. Sam said something about parking tickets and Joe decided he needed to move his car, apparently he has some unpaid tickets that he needs to take care of because if he gets another his car will get toed. At least according to him, which is probably true enough so he said he was going to Louie's for the night, which is a couple blocks away. I have no idea weather or not he should've been driving, but he didn't really drink a whole lot with us, since he said the house beer that we were getting in the pitchers wasn't any good. So he left, and I pretty quickly passed the fuck out. At some point at the bar I set myself a couple alarms on my phone which was good because I woke up this morning.

I didn't need to be at work until 11 because Stacy wanted the afternoon off which worked out well, because if I needed to be in at 8 this morning I probably wouldn't have made it. So I woke up and laid around for 45 minutes, which is how I set my alarms. And bounced on outa there and headed to work. Made it with 8 minutes to spare. Wheee. All in all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment